For your convenience and satisfaction, diAmano Chocolate offers year-round shipping and delivery services. It is our goal to make sure your order arrives in the same condition as if you picked it up at our store – fresh and ready for enjoyment! In order to accomplish that goal, we have established the following Shipping and Delivery Guidelines:
- Orders are shipped in the order they are received and usually ship within 24 to 48 hours (excluding holidays and weekends) of being received, unless otherwise specified.
- Orders received after 12 pm (EST) will be shipped on the next available ship day.
- Our standard days for shipping are Monday through Wednesday.
We can ship on Thursday if either the destination is within our 1 day Ground area (see chart) or if Next Day Air is selected.
- Orders are never shipped over the weekend or for arrival on Mondays. Saturday deliveries are available on request, however UPS charges an additional $18 and the package must be sent Next Day Air.
- Shipping charges are per address and are not valid towards discounts or special offers.
- We are unable to ship to P.O. Boxes or APO & FPO locations.
- We only ship our product if it is in transit for no more than 2 business days from our storefront in Atlanta, GA.
- UPS Ground transit times are shown in the map below.
- May-August we ONLY ship 2nd Air or Next Day Saver because of the heat.
UPS Ground Transit times from Atlanta, GA.
Carriers, Service Types, and Service Areas
- We primarily use UPS, however we occasionally use FedEx.
- Ground, 2nd Day Air, and Next Day Air Saver services are used, depending on where the product is being shipped, time of year, and/or customer requests.
- At this time we only ship to destinations within the continental US.
At this time we are unable to process orders that are generated outside of the US.
- For bulk and select corporate orders, we are happy to use your FedEx or UPS account. Please contact us at 770-730-9770 if you are interested in this option to discuss.
Address Verification, Shipping Permissions, Delays, and Damaged Product
- Please review and DOUBLE CHECK the shipping address before submitting your order and add any applicable suite number or apartment number. We cannot be responsible for orders delayed or returned due to incorrect or undeliverable addresses provided. You will be responsible and billed for any related charges that arise from such errors. If the wrong address is supplied and FedEx/UPS has to research and use another address, they charge $10 for each incorrect address.
- Shipping to a residential address is fine; however our carriers have permission to leave the package even if no one is there to sign for it. We are not responsible for packages damaged or stolen after they are delivered. To help prevent that, we recommend either shipping to a business address or selecting Signature Required for Delivery when checking-out. If you select the Signature option, your package will not be delivered unless it is signed for. If no one is present, the carrier will make two more attempts and then return the package to us. If the product is damaged or melted after the first attempt, or if it is returned to us by the carrier, we will not refund your purchase. If it is returned by the carrier, you will be responsible for the return delivery charge, but will be given a refund for the insulated box and ice pack, if applicable.
- We cannot be responsible for delays caused by our carrier due to weather, mechanical error, or other acts beyond our control and cannot issue product or shipping refunds for those reasons. We will, however, provide you a promotional code for a $5 credit towards your next order.
- Each package is hand-packed and inspected before being sealed for delivery. In the event the chocolates are damaged or defective up on receipt, please contact us immediately. Shipping charges will not be refunded and returns must be in new, un-opened, un-eaten condition to be refunded.
Warm Weather Shipping
- During warmer months (typically May 1 thru October 1) we typically use insulated boxes and ice packs to ensure safe delivery of the chocolate, which adds $10 to the shipping cost.
- If the destination city’s temperature is more than 75 degrees, we may upgrade the shipment to Next Day Saver and charge the difference to your credit card. Upon being contacted, if you elect to decline this upgrade, we cannot be responsible if the chocolates arrive melted and will not offer any refund.
- The following states always require insulated boxes: Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada, Utah and Colorado.
- You will receive an email confirmation with the tracking information when your order ships and when it is delivered. Tracking can be monitored via the UPS website at www.ups.com.
State Sales Tax
- State Sales Tax will be charged on all merchandise delivered to GA at a rate of 7%.
Metro-Atlanta Delivery/Courier Options
- As a courtesy, we offer local delivery service to residential and business destinations around metro-Atlanta through multiple third-party couriers.
- Standard delivery rates are based on a 3-hour transit time and charges are based from our originating ZIP code (30328) to the destination ZIP code ($10 to $30+).
- Orders placed by 1pm can be delivered the same day.
- Orders placed after 1pm will be delivered on the next business day, or on the specified date requested by the customer.
- Orders to be delivered before 1pm require expedited service at a higher rate.
- Expedited (1 hour or 2 hour timeframe) and Saturday deliveries can be accommodated at higher rates and are quoted on a case-by-case basis. To discuss, please contact us at 770-730-9770.
- We highly recommend delivering to a business address, as there is generally someone available at all times to accept and sign for the package, even if the actual recipient is not there.
- When sending to a residential address, we will contact the recipient to make sure they will be home for the delivery. If we are unable to reach them after two attempts and have not heard from them, we will contact you to let you know the status.
- If you elect to have us deliver product and the recipient is not home, you have the option of having the courier either leave the product at their doorstep (which we will no longer be responsible for), or they can return it to our store and you will be charged the same amount it cost to be delivered.